When I started experimenting making these candles I decided that I would not compromise on my goal to make completely clean, therapeutic, non-toxic candles. I learned so much about the dangers of almost EVERY fragrance product on the market, because of all the chemicals used to make the smells. One thing I have learned is that when it comes to the things you put in your body thanks to Whole30 co-author Melissa Urban), if it doesn't help, it hurts! After all, how can I spread light if my candles are un-healthy? I wasn't going to let that happen!
Like a mad scientist I started blending oils, and mixing them with all natural Soy Wax to try to create gentle, lovely scents that everyone could enjoy without allergies, or other serious health side effects like hormone disruption or even CANCER! Instead I wanted my candles to have the effect of diffusing essential oils for therapeutic purposes, but with the ambiance of a beautiful candle.
I have made many blends for my candles and room sprays, but below you will find a list of my current options along with just a few benefits of each oil used!
- American Pie: Clove boosts immunity, Nutmeg improves sleep and relaxation and Lemon promotes restfulness and calmness.
- Bay Sunset: Sandalwood eases anxiety and headaches, with relaxing anti-inflammatory properties. Frankincense enhances mood and strengthens intuition, and Bergamot elevates mood and relieves pain.
- Burnt Pine: Clarifying, uplifting, invigorating pine and soothing, stress reducing cedar.
- Champagne Chakra: Palmarosa comforts mind and body. Sweet Orange promotes happiness and warmth and Geranium balances emotions and reduces sadness. This blend assists in opening the heart chakra.
- Comfort: Cypress promotes grounded energy in the face of uncertainty, rosemary helps us remember those we loved, sandalwood helps us move through grief & promote well being and neroli lifts our spirits.
- Emerald Coast Christmas: Clarifying, uplifting, invigorating pine with lemon to promote calmness and a touch of cinnamon to relieve stress.
- Eucalyptus Mint: Eucalyptus is cooling and healing while it also boosts circulation and Peppermint soothes irritability, releases feelings of tiredness and clears the respiratory tract.
- Forest Light: Respiratory benefits of Fir Needle, invigorating Pine and Cypress to ground your energy.
- Gingerbread Cookie: Ginger improves mood, Clove boosts immunity, Vanilla quiets the mind and Cinnamon relieves stress.
- Gulf Waters: Ylang Ylang promotes a calm and peaceful atmosphere while Bergamot elevates mood and alleviates stress.
- Maverick Mint Cookie: Vanilla quiets the mind and Peppermint soothes irritability and releases feelings of tiredness. This smells like my favorite chocolaty & minty Girl Scout cookie!
- Peace & Love: Patchouli relieves depression and anxiety. Lavender is calming and anxiety reducing while promoting rest and relaxation. Sweet Orange is antimicrobial and eases anxiety and depression.
- Rosemary Mint: Rosemary improves brain function and perks you up while Peppermint boosts energy and clears the respiratory tract.
- Spa Day: Lavender is calming and anxiety reducing while Eucalyptus cools, heals and promotes circulation.
- Sparkling Spice: Cinnamon relieves stress while Cove boosts immunity and Sweet Orange promotes happiness and warmth
- Sweet & Sassy Lemongrassy: Overcome feelings of nervousness and eliminate mental fatigue with lemongrass. Sweet Orange promotes happiness and warmth while Lemon promotes restfulness and calmness.
- Vanilla Lavender: Vanilla quiets the mind while Lavender is calming & relaxing